There is no substantive difference between not having the courage of your convictions and not having any convictions. It is expected of Democrats but why do Republicans aid and abet them by complaining that by promoting conservative views he is hurting Republicans rather than applauding him for having the courage to stand up for his convictions even in the face of political harm? To do otherwise would be to 'play politics' What else is 'playing politics' if it is not seeking power by abandoning principle? They can criticize the practicality of his tactics behind closed doors. Publicly they present a united if not a unified front.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 5 hours ago