Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya. The September 11, 2012 attack lasted nearly eight hours, during which four Americans died, including our sitting ambassador. Multiple requests for increased security in the weeks and months leading up to the massacre were denied. Urgent warnings that the Benghazi consulate couldn't withstand a...
"a profoundly vexing indictment of our media." indeed. It is expected that Democrat sycophants like Bob Beckel, Alan Colmes, and Juan Williams would defend anything Obama does at the sacrifice of their integrity. But short of those there is simply no excuse for so called ‘legitimate’ members of the media to not recognize the enormity of this issue and relentlessly pursue it. There should be a Pulitzer awaiting such an effort if its direction were not similarly compromised by ideological dogma. This epitomizes the very reason we have a free press. Those privileged to be the free press to which we have a right also have a responsibility to fulfill its fundamental purpose. Unfortunately they are quick to strut and preen in that...
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago