Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya. The September 11, 2012 attack lasted nearly eight hours, during which four Americans died, including our sitting ambassador. Multiple requests for increased security in the weeks and months leading up to the massacre were denied. Urgent warnings that the Benghazi consulate couldn't withstand a...
"a profoundly vexing indictment of our media." indeed. It is expected that Democrat sycophants like Bob Beckel, Alan Colmes, and Juan Williams would defend anything Obama does at the sacrifice of their integrity. But short of those there is simply no excuse for so called ‘legitimate’ members of the media to not recognize the enormity of this issue and relentlessly pursue it. There should be a Pulitzer awaiting such an effort if its direction were not similarly compromised by ideological dogma. This epitomizes the very reason we have a free press. Those privileged to be the free press to which we have a right also have a responsibility to fulfill its fundamental purpose. Unfortunately they are quick to strut and preen in that...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 11 hours ago