Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
The whole point of sequestration was to manipulate Republicans into giving him everything he wanted at the risk of giving him most of what he wanted.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago