The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Sure, because his party is in control of the power to prosecute.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago