The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Sure, because his party is in control of the power to prosecute.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago