It is misleading to say that the many statements Obama made reassuring people that if they liked their current health care coverage they can keep it were misleading. They were flagrant falsehoods. The only question is whether he deliberately lied or actually did not know what he was saying was untrue. The latter is simply not tenable. The only possible way it could be true is that if he deliberately avoided knowing the truth. That is no better than his lying about it. And actually being so disengaged as to really not know is no better than either of those. He cannot be allowed to continually avoid responsibility by it not being provable which of multiple equally appalling scenarios of which he is actually guilty. He either deliberately and knowingly lied, deliberately and knowingly avoided the truth to protect himself or he is really so incompetent an executive that he has no knowledge or control over his own administration. Not knowing which of those is true does not excuse or protect him from being guilty of one of them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago