It is misleading to say that the many statements Obama made reassuring people that if they liked their current health care coverage they can keep it were misleading. They were flagrant falsehoods. The only question is whether he deliberately lied or actually did not know what he was saying was untrue. The latter is simply not tenable. The only possible way it could be true is that if he deliberately avoided knowing the truth. That is no better than his lying about it. And actually being so disengaged as to really not know is no better than either of those. He cannot be allowed to continually avoid responsibility by it not being provable which of multiple equally appalling scenarios of which he is actually guilty. He either deliberately and knowingly lied, deliberately and knowingly avoided the truth to protect himself or he is really so incompetent an executive that he has no knowledge or control over his own administration. Not knowing which of those is true does not excuse or protect him from being guilty of one of them.
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 4 hours ago