In a number of states, the school laws allow for public school students to receive "released time" for one school period per day so the can walk off campus and have a religious education class, and a spiritual experience, with their high school peers. This has been approved by the Supreme Court as permissible under the First Amendment. In some states, there are three different religious education prigrams, one Catholic, one Evangelical, and the third Mormon. When Released Time is not available, the Mormons have Early Morning Seminary (that is what they call it) each day before school starts. At colleges, Mormons have off campus Institutes of religion, where students take college level religion and theology classes. These classes work!
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 19 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago