A past president of the University of Utah sued the state to prevent concealed carry laws from being applied on campus. The state supreme court said the university is a state agency and does not get to create its own laws. In the ten years since, not a single firearm related killing has occurred on campus. Oh, and it was always the case that anyone entering the fices of the university president had to go through a metal detector and x-ray machine, but there was never any real security to prevent criminals from entering the huge campus, daily home to 50,000 people, with weapons. Bernie Machen just wanted to be able to say that any gun assault was not his fault, even as he did.nothing to actively prevent one.
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 12 hours ago