A past president of the University of Utah sued the state to prevent concealed carry laws from being applied on campus. The state supreme court said the university is a state agency and does not get to create its own laws. In the ten years since, not a single firearm related killing has occurred on campus. Oh, and it was always the case that anyone entering the fices of the university president had to go through a metal detector and x-ray machine, but there was never any real security to prevent criminals from entering the huge campus, daily home to 50,000 people, with weapons. Bernie Machen just wanted to be able to say that any gun assault was not his fault, even as he did.nothing to actively prevent one.
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago