A past president of the University of Utah sued the state to prevent concealed carry laws from being applied on campus. The state supreme court said the university is a state agency and does not get to create its own laws. In the ten years since, not a single firearm related killing has occurred on campus. Oh, and it was always the case that anyone entering the fices of the university president had to go through a metal detector and x-ray machine, but there was never any real security to prevent criminals from entering the huge campus, daily home to 50,000 people, with weapons. Bernie Machen just wanted to be able to say that any gun assault was not his fault, even as he did.nothing to actively prevent one.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago