A past president of the University of Utah sued the state to prevent concealed carry laws from being applied on campus. The state supreme court said the university is a state agency and does not get to create its own laws. In the ten years since, not a single firearm related killing has occurred on campus. Oh, and it was always the case that anyone entering the fices of the university president had to go through a metal detector and x-ray machine, but there was never any real security to prevent criminals from entering the huge campus, daily home to 50,000 people, with weapons. Bernie Machen just wanted to be able to say that any gun assault was not his fault, even as he did.nothing to actively prevent one.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 48 mins ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 10 hours ago