In response to:
People in government who want to take away the guns of ordinary citizens are also people who have armed security, metal detectors and x-ray machines protecting them in their work places. Everyone knows how to keep people with guns out of a government building, including a public school: Have armed guards at a checkpoint with metal detectors and x-ray machines. We protect our airliners that way, we protect the White House, the Capitol Building, and all Federal courts that way. I have to go into a Federal courthouse building several times a month for my work, and I go through security screening designed to detect firearms and other weapons. The ONLY reason that pubvlic schools do not have such protection is that school boards and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 13 hours ago