In response to:
People in government who want to take away the guns of ordinary citizens are also people who have armed security, metal detectors and x-ray machines protecting them in their work places. Everyone knows how to keep people with guns out of a government building, including a public school: Have armed guards at a checkpoint with metal detectors and x-ray machines. We protect our airliners that way, we protect the White House, the Capitol Building, and all Federal courts that way. I have to go into a Federal courthouse building several times a month for my work, and I go through security screening designed to detect firearms and other weapons. The ONLY reason that pubvlic schools do not have such protection is that school boards and...
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago