Didn't you READ the article? The date of conception was late March and nine months later is late December. We do NOT "need" a Biblical command to celebrate the birth of the Lamb of God. Saturnalia is NOT the basis for Christmas any more than Baccanalia is the basis for Easter. Easter is tied somewhat to Passover because the Last Supper was the Pesach or Seder meal on the first night of Passover which is why they had to bury Him in haste. Ray from Bloombergia Soli Deo Gloria!!
- Boehner on defunding DHS: Maybe we’ll, uh, sue Obama over executive amnesty instead Allahpundit 36 mins ago
- The inevitable “let’s ban drones” discussion is upon us Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Conservatives should oppose Mike Pence’s terrible experiment in state-run media Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hot Air Primary Survey: Post-Freedom Summit Patrick Ishmael 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, John Bolton Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Success: Syrian opposition gets short shrift after SOTU bragging Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago