Didn't you READ the article? The date of conception was late March and nine months later is late December. We do NOT "need" a Biblical command to celebrate the birth of the Lamb of God. Saturnalia is NOT the basis for Christmas any more than Baccanalia is the basis for Easter. Easter is tied somewhat to Passover because the Last Supper was the Pesach or Seder meal on the first night of Passover which is why they had to bury Him in haste. Ray from Bloombergia Soli Deo Gloria!!
- Biden does Biden in Kennedy tribute: “He was an anchor to many of us.” Mary Katharine Ham 57 mins ago
- George Pataki: Contrary to all indicators, I’m in this to win it Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Watch: Saudi-coalition forces annihilates Houthi rocket stockpile in Yemen Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Nearly everyone in the group is dead and Carol’s the leader now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pew poll: Heavy majority thinks Congress, not Obama, should have final authority to approve Iran deal Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: What’s next in Nevada after Reid retirement? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago