I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
I refer you to: Why This Ex-Libertarian is Voting Mitt Romney by Wayne Allyn Root http://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2012/09/17/why_this_exlibertarian_is_voting_mitt_romney
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 45 mins ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago