The historic election of Barack Obama was an electrifying moment for the United States. The election of the first African-American President was a monumental step in racial equality and harmony. It was truly a sign that America is the land of opportunity and that regardless of race, people can succeed.? Obama has not been the only African-American Democrat to capture the attention of blacks. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel and others have become a beacon in the Democratic Party. The GOP has also seen an increase of influence in the black community with the election of US Congressman Allen West,...
The Black community must first realize that they're their own worst enemy in the political arena by voting 95+% for anyone, thus guaranteeing they'll be ignored. The Democrats will ignore them because they can count on their votes regardless & the Republicans will do so because they can't waste precious resources where they will have no effect. If instead the Black community would demonstrate that their vote was "up for grabs", both parties would bring a lot more focus & resources to their problems.
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago