I meant abandoned, not abdicated. My son grew up on Atlas Shrugged & was in D.C. with me on 9-12-2009. Now the Liberal Education system - especially the Ivy League where he is - has turned him into a raging Lib. It's our fault. we have abandoned them & our kids will pay the consequences. My father's generation was known as "The Best Generation." Ours may well go down in history as having been the worst!
Don't blame the kids...although they will reap the consequences of their votes, it was our generation that spent their legacy & abdicated the school system for the commies like Bill Ayers to poison their minds

Explaining Romney's Surge

Ray251 Wrote: Oct 14, 2012 8:37 AM
In my opinion, the main reason Romney has surged beyond expectations since the first debate is that he shattered the myth of the caricature the Chicago machine had successfully painted of him as an uncaring Richie Rich. Independents & the few non-committed voters have been looking for an alternative to The One, and when Romney showed himself to be a caring, decent, knowledgeable guy who they could see in the Oval Office, the rest was history. Paul Ryan achieved the same thing in the VP debate, regardless of Biden's antics.
Cap Gains & Dividends should be 0 for other reasons. Say I invest money into XYZ company. Maybe it makes money, maybe it doesn't. There's risk involved & I could lose my investment, as opposed to my paycheck, where the only risk is if the check bounces. Secondly, say I'm lucky enough for the company to actually make a profit. These profits are already taxed at the highest rate in the world - 35%. If the dividends I might receive thereafter are taxed at the current 15%, it brings the effective rate to just under 45%. That's why the "Buffet Rule" is a myth. His secretatry doesn't take risk & pays less than 45%

I Like Gary Johnson

Ray251 Wrote: Sep 20, 2012 4:56 PM
I refer you to: Why This Ex-Libertarian is Voting Mitt Romney by Wayne Allyn Root http://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2012/09/17/why_this_exlibertarian_is_voting_mitt_romney
the stock market is rising because printing money & devaluing the dollar causes everything to cost more in terms of dollars. This has nothing to do with actual value - it's inflation, pure and simple

Landslide

Ray251 Wrote: Sep 01, 2012 1:24 PM
I still own the game & trot it out every 4 years. If, however, the electoral votes had stayed the same with each state's current leanings, the DemoRats would win hands down. Thank G-d Texas, Arizona & FLorida are gaining from the Ameritopia or CA, NY, IL & MA

Why Liberals Behave the Way They Do

Ray251 Wrote: Aug 16, 2012 7:24 AM
Coulter made herself irrelevant with her incessant shilling for Christie & Romney. I used to like her & think she was funny, occasionally even insightful. Having shown her true colors as an establishment Republican lap dog, however, she no longer merits the time to read her words.
The Black community must first realize that they're their own worst enemy in the political arena by voting 95+% for anyone, thus guaranteeing they'll be ignored. The Democrats will ignore them because they can count on their votes regardless & the Republicans will do so because they can't waste precious resources where they will have no effect. If instead the Black community would demonstrate that their vote was "up for grabs", both parties would bring a lot more focus & resources to their problems.

Alternative Health Care Reforms

Ray251 Wrote: Jun 25, 2012 8:14 AM
Politicians of all parties have their own interests at heart, not ours. We are in a better position to decide what's best for ourselves & our families than some nameless, faceless bureaucrat in Washington. Making this a partisan thing is delusional. Start taking responsibility for your own actions & decisions, & stop looking to the crooked politicians to solve your problems. There are some functions that must be performed by government but, for the most part, Government = Corruption That's why I want less of it.

Alternative Health Care Reforms

Ray251 Wrote: Jun 25, 2012 8:04 AM
Although clearly listing prices & competition are good ideas, you fail to address the main reason Health Care costs are spiraling out of control - the whole paradigm of how we pay for medical services is broken. The consumer of the services (the patient) is not the customer of their provider (the doctors). A 3rd party, (the insurance company), is. Nobody cares if an MRI costs $500 or $50,000 if all they pay is a $20 co-pay! An oil change would cost $500, not $20, if auto insurance was paying for it. The best way to control health care costs is to remove the Insurance industry from the equation for all but catastrophic situations. People looking to save their own money + increased competition would drive the costs way down.