Semper Sebelius

Ray251 Wrote: Apr 16, 2014 1:42 PM
My son at M.I.T. has a friend on the team of geniuses from Google, etc., brought in to fix healthcare.gov who told him that when they arrived to the website "war room", they found 2 people supposedly minding the store. One was fast asleep & the other watching a football game. The guy told them, "you do know that the website is down, right?" - they had no idea and weren't interested. Regardless of whether you believe in Socialist medicine, etc., the lesson here is that incompetent, uncaring bureaucrats aren't capable of running anything. Over 60% of government Info Technology projects fail and for good reasons - it's someone else's money & nobody's ever held accountable!
I agree. New Cong Pay formula: $10k X (each pct of their party's approval - each pct opposing party's disapproval). Those throughout Congress who serve only their party will earn nothing & only those who do the right thing by most of the people will be well paid. I'd be glad to pay someone who got 100% support from both parties $1M/year & the vast majority of the rest close to nothing. We need a way to make it in the dirt-bag politicians' best interests to serve the people, not their party masters & special interests.

Trust Us: This Will Be Good for You

Ray251 Wrote: Nov 08, 2013 3:31 PM
The reason we have omnipresent government is that we elect people who think their job is to legislate instead of representing the interests of their constituents. This makes them appear to be doing something to the masses. I go for the Stossel Rule: Pass all the laws you want - but for every one you pass, you have to repeal 2.
If they appoint a special prosecutor, we will hear no more details about the scandals because of "an ongoing investigation" for several years - well after the crucial 2014 Senatorial elections & perhaps even after 2016 presidential one. Such is the nature of special prosecutors - even honest ones conduct their investigations in private over long periods of time. I would think this is the last thing we would want at this point - let the truth come out NOW via whistleblowers & the few actual journalists as exist in the media.

Time to Dial Up Some Healthy Skepticism

Ray251 Wrote: Jun 07, 2013 2:05 PM
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin. When you combine this massive spying operation on every American citizen with the current administration's demonstrated propensity for using the agencies of government as weapons against their political opponents, it becomes truly frightening.

Tips for Right-Wingers on the IRS Scandal

Ray251 Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 2:20 PM
not the best grammar. inadvertently mashed 2 sentences together. Try again: Nothing this establishment GOP, Christie/Romney loving hag has to say has any credibility with lovers of Liberty. I stopped reading anything this RINO hack had to say a long time ago. You should, too!

Tips for Right-Wingers on the IRS Scandal

Ray251 Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 2:18 PM
nothing this establishment GOP, Christie/Romney loving hag has any credibility with lovers of Liberty. I stopped reading anything this RINO hack had to say a long time ago. You should, too!

Undoing the Brainwashing

Ray251 Wrote: May 23, 2013 10:01 AM
My son was a Tea Partier along side me at 15, a Constitutionalist who read everything from Lock to Levin. At 19 he's just finished his freshman year at M.I.T. & has totally bought into the Liberal propaganda. He's surrounded by brilliant, accomplished people, many of whom are truly driven by altruistic reasons & principals, so it's easy to get sucked in. We have to remember what it was like to be that age. The old saying "if you're young & not a Liberal you have no heard, but if your older & not a Conservative, you have no brain" is absolutely true. I just remind him that these brilliant people may in fact have the best answers to the world's problems, but they're not the ones implementing public policy. It's the self-proclaimed "genius" politicians who are running the show & trying to run our lives & their motivations are less pure. And once we've established that politicians act in their own interests & don't know & couldn't care less about "us peasants", the logical question is why anyone would want them making decisions about our lives. I ask him why someone as brilliant as he is (and he is, trust me), would ever empower these despicable morons to rule over him. He gets it & even admits he doesn't live in the real world right now. I have faith that he & most of his peers will see it for themselves in time, as long as we keep asking the right questions.

The Rise of the Neo-Birchers

Ray251 Wrote: Apr 30, 2013 5:18 PM
There is no shame in calling a spade a spade. I refuse to accept your premise - the truth is not hate speech. And you could not accurately substitute my name into the generic comments because I am much more proactive towards safeguarding my family & property. I would not sit behind my dead bolt praying that this animal does not invade my house. I would not wait for the police to come and draw chalk outlines around the lifeless bodies of my family, as you authoritarian types would have me do.

The Rise of the Neo-Birchers

Ray251 Wrote: Apr 30, 2013 2:47 PM
First, I'm not hostile to Bostonians. My son is at M.I.T. as I write this & I was up there supporting Boston-Strong, the very next day. It was more of a sad social commentary that a once proud, fiercely independent, ruggedly individualist people have devolved into subservient, dependent sheep without the ability or the will to defend their own families & property from a teenager with a gun.

The Rise of the Neo-Birchers

Ray251 Wrote: Apr 30, 2013 2:38 PM
At this point, being the totally dependent, toothless sheeple they have degenerated into, there probably wasn't much else they could do. I wonder what Samuel Adams & his Sons of Liberty would think of their descendants?