I agree with Steve that prejudice was so strong in many states that few would have dared to treat negroes as equals with others without a strong law requiring that this be done. -- Ray Downen.
As the credits begin to roll on the year 2012, I would like to take proper note of the recent loss of one of America’s most compelling figures, Judge Robert Heron Bork. Robert Bork died on December 19 in Arlington, Virginia at the age of 85 due to complications of heart disease.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 8 hours ago