President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
The Liar-in-Chief in action . . . again!
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago