Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
You argument is falling on deaf ears. I assume you are trying to make a point that since we disagree with a hispanic we must be racist? Well you see the difference is when we disagree we dont pepper in the terms wet back, swimmer, spic, and go back illegal alien. We can disagree on policy and ideas. Conservatives on the other hand seem to have to do both. I know I get it directly all the time first hand on this site. And you regulars have witnessed it and know it to be true.
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago