The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
YES, I think a combination of spending cuts and revenue increases attacks the deficit more then just spending cuts alone. YES YES YES. Simple mathematics and every major economist and the CBO agrees.
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 34 mins ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago