A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
Big dilemma. Do we change the name of townhall to grumpy old men or ornery Old white folk? Let's take a poll
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 11 minutes ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago