The late Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., a former Klansman, wrote during World War II: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side. ... Rather I should die...
Simon_Bolivar Wrote: 2 hours ago (3:52 PM) For years I've been amazed that Blacks flock to the Democrat Party. They fail to remember that prior to Lincoln's war, Democrats were Southern slave owners. After that war, Democrats used used Jim Crow to keep uppity Blacks in their place. This lasted up through the 1950s and the Civil Rights movement then LBJ, a Democrat, used national guilt over LBJ's murder to push through bills and create a welfare plantation. ~~~ Our most racist presidents. All were Democrats, the Party of Racists, were : Thomas Woodrow Wilson Franklin Delano Roosevelt Lindon Baines Johnson James Earl Carter [ Hillary Rodman :-) Clinton ] No not a president, but extremely racist. Barak Hussein...
MSNBC's Chris Matthews, in a recent debate with former Republican National Chairman Michael Steele, called the Republican Party the "grand wizard crowd." Grand wizard is the title given to the leader of the Ku Klux Klan. It is truly misinformed to call Republicans the party of the Klan. Throughout our history, most Klansmen and most racists have been Democrats. Here are a few racist quotes from major Democratic figures.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014