FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that...
I agree that each individual should take responsibility and make sure they are prepared. However, I will add that billions of tax dollars each year go to FEMA. It's not optional to pay taxes...so, if I were one of those who did everything I could to prepare, evacuated, then came back and asked for sufficient assistance (assuming I had been paying my taxes), I would expect competence and efficiency from this governmental agency. I imagine that may be a significant driver of the current frustration.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 9 hours ago