FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that...
I agree that each individual should take responsibility and make sure they are prepared. However, I will add that billions of tax dollars each year go to FEMA. It's not optional to pay taxes...so, if I were one of those who did everything I could to prepare, evacuated, then came back and asked for sufficient assistance (assuming I had been paying my taxes), I would expect competence and efficiency from this governmental agency. I imagine that may be a significant driver of the current frustration.
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 50 mins ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago