Because it was "2016," the film in which conservative author Dinesh D'Souza warns of a dark future for America if Barack Obama is re-elected. The film's producer, Gerald Molen, who already won an Oscar for "Schindler's List," was scandalized. "The action confirms my opinion that the bias against anything from a conservative point of view is dead...
Documentaries can use "re-enactments" as long as it is stated in the credits. Your understanding as to what is a "true" documentary is astoundingly stupid. Also, the fact that there is a political agenda does not mean that the movie ceases being a documentary. Again this shows how narrow your thinking is. This means Farrenheit 911 is not a documentary, huh? (Also Moore also has admitted that he used 1 Bush-footage completely out of context.) "f it is moore, he can lie and it is still a documentary. If it is souza, he might have political agenda, kick him out... Also souza had an affair, that makes his film not a documentary" Do you realize how dumb you sound?
The cabal that chooses the 15 nominees for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature has issued its 2013 selections. Why was the top-grossing documentary of 2012 -- and the fourth most-successful documentary of all time - not on that expansive list?
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 3 hours ago