The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
You stinking Communist lowlife
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago