Romney's basic idea, which in broad outline has bipartisan support, is to "lower tax rates" and "broaden the base" by reducing deductions, credits and exemptions. He proposes cutting individual income tax rates by 20 percent, so that the top rate would be 28 percent rather than...
Jacob Sullum does not belong here in Townhall. He needs to go talk to the Ron Paul people. We don't need his divisive comments when the foundation of the country is at stake. We need to defeat Obama and dividing the vote is not the way to do it. Go back to your Libertarian rag Jacob and stay out of Townhall. You don't belong here!!!!!!
During last week's presidential debate, Mitt Romney repeatedly promised to "lower taxes on middle-income families" without reducing "the share paid by high-income individuals." But this combination will prove difficult, if not impossible, for the Republican candidate to deliver given the other elements of his tax reform plan -- especially his illogical definition of "middle-income families."
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago