Romney's basic idea, which in broad outline has bipartisan support, is to "lower tax rates" and "broaden the base" by reducing deductions, credits and exemptions. He proposes cutting individual income tax rates by 20 percent, so that the top rate would be 28 percent rather than...
Jacob Sullum does not belong here in Townhall. He needs to go talk to the Ron Paul people. We don't need his divisive comments when the foundation of the country is at stake. We need to defeat Obama and dividing the vote is not the way to do it. Go back to your Libertarian rag Jacob and stay out of Townhall. You don't belong here!!!!!!
During last week's presidential debate, Mitt Romney repeatedly promised to "lower taxes on middle-income families" without reducing "the share paid by high-income individuals." But this combination will prove difficult, if not impossible, for the Republican candidate to deliver given the other elements of his tax reform plan -- especially his illogical definition of "middle-income families."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Oh my: Plurality of Republicans think Mitt Romney should run for president Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: 10 hours of catcalls in New York Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Dems: It’s going to be a bad cycle, and there’s one reason why Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago