Sowell states that "no such theory has been found in even the most voluminous and learned histories of economic theories." That's from a scholar who has published extensively in the history of economic thought. Several years ago, Sowell, in his syndicated column, challenged anyone to name an economist from any economic school of...
The term 'Trickle Down' was invented to describe Ronald Reagan's economic policies to stimulate the economy and end the recession he inherited from Jimmy Carter, which worked very well for the next 35 years. Today Obama and the Democrats have made it unpopular by their false claims against it and have instituted economic policies that can be best be described as 'Trickle Up' economic policies, by flooding the poor with money through food stamps, welfare, disability, and other public entitlement monies, in an attempt to stimulate the economy through their spending trickling up to the middle class and thereby ending the recession he inherited from George Bush, which has failed miserably and prolonged the recession.
Dr. Thomas Sowell's "'Trickle Down Theory' and 'Tax Cuts for the Rich'" has just been published by the Hoover Institution. Having read this short paper, the conclusion you must reach is that the term "trickle down theory" is simply a tool of charlatans and political hustlers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 12 hours ago