Sowell states that "no such theory has been found in even the most voluminous and learned histories of economic theories." That's from a scholar who has published extensively in the history of economic thought. Several years ago, Sowell, in his syndicated column, challenged anyone to name an economist from any economic school of...
The term 'Trickle Down' was invented to describe Ronald Reagan's economic policies to stimulate the economy and end the recession he inherited from Jimmy Carter, which worked very well for the next 35 years. Today Obama and the Democrats have made it unpopular by their false claims against it and have instituted economic policies that can be best be described as 'Trickle Up' economic policies, by flooding the poor with money through food stamps, welfare, disability, and other public entitlement monies, in an attempt to stimulate the economy through their spending trickling up to the middle class and thereby ending the recession he inherited from George Bush, which has failed miserably and prolonged the recession.
Dr. Thomas Sowell's "'Trickle Down Theory' and 'Tax Cuts for the Rich'" has just been published by the Hoover Institution. Having read this short paper, the conclusion you must reach is that the term "trickle down theory" is simply a tool of charlatans and political hustlers.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 46 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 3 hours ago