Democrats are merely playing politics. They know that the bill isn't going anywhere, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid himself voted against the measure. The Washington Post explains this, saying that Reid's move is "a procedural tactic that will allow him to call the measure back...
In response to:
Citizens United decision does not change our laws prohibiting foreign campaign contributions. Social Security, Medicaid, Obamacare also received no mention in the constitution. You must be a real moron. I bet your parents sure are proud.
The DISCLOSE Act failed to meet cloture in Senate debate today, garnering 51 of the needed 60 votes to move the legislation forward. Increased regulation of political speech has been a goal of the Democratic Party ever since the Supreme Court overturned parts of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law in Citizens United.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago