"Dear Parent: I just won the lottery. To show my appreciation to the community, next Monday, i will be giving out a voucher to each child in the school for a fully paid scholarship to the college of your choice. You need do nothing to get this voucher. If you do not want your child to receive this voucher, please sign the bottom of this letter and return it before next Monday." Any person who has ever dealt with a hundred or more humans would not be surprised to get a few signed letters returned and would be astonished if not one person called for more information. Some of the signed letters would be from people who thought you had to sign it to get the goodies.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago