Many establishment Republicans pose this challenging question "Why don't you define neo-con and then we can walk through it?" 1.) Neo-Cons believe in social-engineering and nation building in foreign countries. 2.) Neo-Cons believe in forcing America's future generations to pay for all their social engineering and nation building in foreign countries. 3.) Neo-Cons will breathlessly chirp about Islamic Fascism and the 'War on Terror' and how the USA faces the most ruthless, blood-spattering, throat-cutting enemy of all time. But they pay for their wars with their precious Bush tax cut, and their war motto is 'Let's go shopping!'
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 20 hours ago