Many establishment Republicans pose this challenging question "Why don't you define neo-con and then we can walk through it?" 1.) Neo-Cons believe in social-engineering and nation building in foreign countries. 2.) Neo-Cons believe in forcing America's future generations to pay for all their social engineering and nation building in foreign countries. 3.) Neo-Cons will breathlessly chirp about Islamic Fascism and the 'War on Terror' and how the USA faces the most ruthless, blood-spattering, throat-cutting enemy of all time. But they pay for their wars with their precious Bush tax cut, and their war motto is 'Let's go shopping!'
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 2 hour ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago