Many establishment Republicans pose this challenging question "Why don't you define neo-con and then we can walk through it?" 1.) Neo-Cons believe in social-engineering and nation building in foreign countries. 2.) Neo-Cons believe in forcing America's future generations to pay for all their social engineering and nation building in foreign countries. 3.) Neo-Cons will breathlessly chirp about Islamic Fascism and the 'War on Terror' and how the USA faces the most ruthless, blood-spattering, throat-cutting enemy of all time. But they pay for their wars with their precious Bush tax cut, and their war motto is 'Let's go shopping!'
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago