In the process, the fracking revolution created 1.7 million jobs in oil fields, equipment manufacturing, legal and information technology services, and other sectors. It will generate over $60 billion this year...
In response to:
The 70s radicals in the White House are in a position to do what their Soviet idols could never do - destabilize the American economy. The true goal of Obama's Arab Spring was to reduce American influence in the Middle East and choke us off at the gas pump. Oil is an essential element of any superpower's arsenal. Hence, "global warming" is the pretext that the Left uses to divert time and money in building a false "green" economy. Obama has poured billions down the drainpipe pursuing this mirage. This also explains the Left's apathy for Israel. Russia, through Syria and Iran, cannot act freely while Israel stands as an American ally. The Arab Spring will end as a Russian Winter. Connect the dots, comrades.
Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing have boosted shale gas production from zero a few years ago to 10% of all US energy supplies in 2012, observes energy analyst Daniel Yergin. Fracking has also increased US oil production 25% since 2008 – almost all on state and private lands, and in the face of more federal land and resource withdrawals, permitting delays and declining public land production.
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago