Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 4:21 PM
I agree with that. Between Hillary and any Republican hopeful I would say that Hillary has the most potential for getting us into another long war. Her need to prove she's tough enough and need to control outcomes makes it almost inevitable to me.

Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 3:22 PM
This fight isn't designed to be done quickly. it will take a lot of blood and sacrifice. I just don't trust this president to make it worth it. How do think the Iraq vets feel about what Iraq has turned into. You can hope and wish but if we are dealing with reality we have to deal with the fact that Obama is president and no war he gets us into is probably going to lead to a better state of affairs than if we had stayed home.

Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 3:19 PM
maybe Ron Paul recognizes that nothing done by this president is probably preferable to whatever this president would do. Is Obama going to have the fortitude to stick things out when the body bags start coming home? Is he going to be able to get Russia and China to agree to UN resolutions authorizing force. Will he even get NATO to go along. Keep in mind Europe is quaking in it's boots because of all the terrorists that have European passports there. They may decide not to poke the ISIS bear. I'm afraid that what we will have is a weak coalition made up of us and Britain and maybe a few smaller countries providing token logistical support. With this in place it will be up to Obama(shudder) to prosecute a war in two countries and probably more when it spills across other borders. I know this interrupts the chest thumping go-kill-em stuff on this site. If we learned nothing else from Iraq and Afghanistan shouldn't it be tactical consideration of the consequences of our actions? Barring a 9/11 level attack on our soil again, this country is not going to support all-out genocide that bombing Syrian cities would produce.

Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 11:44 AM
Another reason I think that Paul is correct is that this president is incapable of executing a strategy if he had one. I can just imagine him putting boots on the ground and then pulling them out at the first sign of trouble. The only competent thing he did in foreign policy is green lighting a raid on OBL's compound and watching competent seals carry it out. In an all out war where the president has to be involved and make a lot of hard choices. I would like to see a show of hands from the war drummers here that think he will make the right choices and gain a victory without worsening this situation. if your only choice is bad action, inaction is not such a bad alternative.

Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 11:05 AM
And by the way, your solution seems to be the genocide of a billion people. Don't think that's going to fly anytime soon.

Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 10:58 AM
Actually my solution would be, if the Arab world is unwilling to do it's part to help eradicate this problem, I would pull all American funding and fast track us to energy independence by opening up all available energy sources including Nuclear and west coast oil and say the hell with the ME. They don't hate up for our freedom. They hate us because we are over there in what they see as a dominating manner. I would also not allow immigrants from that part of the world. At some point the people there will get tired of living in constant turmoil or they will kill each other. It's really their choice to make. Not ours.

Obama Has No Middle East Strategy? Good!

rama Wrote: Sep 03, 2014 10:13 AM
Everyone thinks Paul is insane for this but we should really be thinking on this. Learn from our past. Are the American people going to support another ten year commitment in the middle east? These people are imbedded in a population of millions in Syria and Iraq. Killing them without destroying a hundred thousand civilians along with them is going to require a very large ground force and a lot of time. I know a lot of people say bomb them and the hell with the civilians but look at the backlash that Israel faced when they killed 1800 civilians. Imagine what the world reaction will be to 50-100 times that amount. Another thing to think about are the other nations. Are we going to invade them too? That is where ISIS will flee. Into Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Palestine. This will very likely get Israel involved as ISIS will no doubt try and provoke the rest of the Arab world to war with the west by attacking Israel. I'm not saying to do nothing but we need to get commitments from the rest of the Arab world to go in there with us with full support. Otherwise it's ten years of terrorist whack-a-mole.

The Left's Ridiculous Burger King Freakout

rama Wrote: Aug 29, 2014 2:02 PM
I agree with most of this. One thing that I actually agree with Obama(a rare occurrence, I promise) is fixing the system so that taxes on income earned in the US can't be avoided altogether though debt allocation. This is where a multi-national company incurs debt in operations around the world but places all the debt in the holding company located in the country with the highest tax rate and exposure. This allows them to deduct debt to build locations in foreign countries from their US revenue. Just as I believe the US tax code should be revised to only allow taxes on the revenue generated in our country, deductions for debt should only be allowed for debt that was originated in the US for projects located in the US.

No Facts, No Peace

rama Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 12:11 PM
There are more facts out and more to come. I just hope the officer lives to see the truth come out.
From what I understand, this incident didn't take place in a deserted area. There were supposedly 15-30 people outside within eyesight of this and they have statements from a lot of them. I would think that with local, state and federal investigations all happening that these statements combined with the physical evidence will eventually give us a somewhat clear idea of what happened. I just hope that the cop isn't lynched before the truth comes out, whatever that might be.

Policing a Riot

rama Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 11:02 AM
I agree. That shoot to wound stuff is just in the movies. A gun is meant to kill. If you are using it, you have made the determination to use deadly force. Cop training usually says to aim for center mass so as to assure that you are stopping the threat, perceived as deadly to yourself or others.