Peggy Noonan's piece, "The Dark Night Rises" -- discussing our entertainment culture and the Batman murders -- is worth a moment of your time.
Perhaps saddest of all is her admission that no one really thinks the culture can be changed for the better, and her observation that "Our culture, [parents] know, is our foe." So true. To prevent one's children from being exposed to images and content that will only hurt them -- mentally, psychologically, spiritually -- is a full-time job once they graduate past "Nick Jr." on TV.
Lefties (and some on the...
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago