As Obama stood next to the world's most recognized democracy icon, he mispronounced her name repeatedly. Ever gracious, Suu Kyi did not correct her American guest for calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi multiple times during his statement to reporters after their meeting. Proper pronunciation for the Nobel laureate's name is Ahng Sahn Soo Chee. The meeting came after Obama met with Myanmar's reformist new President Thein Sein - a name he also botched. As the two addressed the media, Obama called his counterpart "President Sein," an awkward,...
Are these "gaffs" going to be reported in the MSM? OVer and over and over? Or is this just an example of Obama's brain power being distracted by other events and these are just slips of the tounge? Just wondering... At least he hasn't bowed or apologized (in public) in public recently.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 36 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 3 hours ago