"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago