"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago