"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 10 minutes ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 50 minutes ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 3 hours ago