"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago