WASHINGTON -- I have long contended that public policy issues are as complicated as they appear because the giants of Capitol Hill like it that way, particularly the giants of the left. Bills can be written more simply. Decisions can be phrased with a certain lucidity. Yet, if they were, the electorate would mull them over and, after a cup of coffee, make a decision on them. As things stand today, with talk of budget imbalance and of esoteric matters such as "sequestration," voters scratch their heads, blink their eyes and walk away. Who gives a hoot? It is time for...
What starts out as a good op-ed, quickly degenerates into left bashing...
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago