Jon Hammar, a former Marine who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, is being held in a notorious Mexican prison where Zetas gang members hold power. His crime? Declaring an antique shotgun to Mexican officials after registering the gun with U.S. Customs Agents on his way to Costa Rica. Hammar has been in a prison in Mexico for months now and this week, his parents got an extortion call demanding they wire thousands of dollars to the prison. Hammar spoke to his parents on the phone, saying he thought he was going to be killed. Hammar has been tortured during his...
In response to:
the guy tried to cross the border with a weapon. big mistake. first rule of international travel, never cross borders with drugs or weapons, it is an invite to trouble. despite that, ignorant Americans try to do it all the time thinking for some reason the Constitution follows them across the border. Also, how do you know the State Department is doing nothing?
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 14 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago