If the highest income tax rate increases from its current 35% to 44% (including Medicare and Obamacare tax increases) on the wealthiest taxpayers, a high income family making $500,000 will have $45,000 less to spend. That family may decide to cut out a gardener, housekeeper, vacation, or even a new yacht. A progressive might say "so what, they are rich, and they...
I suggest everyone here read a book called "Warning to the West," It was written by Alexander Solzhenitsyn and warns that American Marxists will hide their Marxism by overtly waving American flags with great ferocity. But one needs to listen closely to what they say. "These 'Communists' will always give themselves away by having an affinity for large 'state' run endeavors."
It may not be intuitive to nonbusiness people and economists why increased taxes and reduced federal spending will send the US into a recession. However, it is not hard to understand the economic logic that causes this result.
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 13 hours ago