If the highest income tax rate increases from its current 35% to 44% (including Medicare and Obamacare tax increases) on the wealthiest taxpayers, a high income family making $500,000 will have $45,000 less to spend. That family may decide to cut out a gardener, housekeeper, vacation, or even a new yacht. A progressive might say "so what, they are rich, and they...
I suggest everyone here read a book called "Warning to the West," It was written by Alexander Solzhenitsyn and warns that American Marxists will hide their Marxism by overtly waving American flags with great ferocity. But one needs to listen closely to what they say. "These 'Communists' will always give themselves away by having an affinity for large 'state' run endeavors."
It may not be intuitive to nonbusiness people and economists why increased taxes and reduced federal spending will send the US into a recession. However, it is not hard to understand the economic logic that causes this result.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago