The agendas of liberals, progressives and assorted tyrants desperately depend on the aspects of human nature they often condemn, such as acquisitiveness, profit motive, self-interestedness and greed. This crossed my mind while reading "How Departures From Economic Freedom Can Affect Freedom In General," by Dr. John Taylor, a Hoover Institution scholar. Taylor tells how former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich was forced to take Troubled Asset Relief Program funds even though Wells Fargo did not need or want the funds. Kovacevich was threatened that if he did not accept TARP money, regulators would declare his bank capital-deficient even though Wells...
The left is a philosophy of greater centralized command with the ultimate being a dictator or tyrant. The right is a philosophy of greater free will with the ultimate being chaos. The US Constitution as it is written is the balance between the two. By definition the right cannot have a dictatorship of any kind.
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago