The agendas of liberals, progressives and assorted tyrants desperately depend on the aspects of human nature they often condemn, such as acquisitiveness, profit motive, self-interestedness and greed. This crossed my mind while reading "How Departures From Economic Freedom Can Affect Freedom In General," by Dr. John Taylor, a Hoover Institution scholar. Taylor tells how former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich was forced to take Troubled Asset Relief Program funds even though Wells Fargo did not need or want the funds. Kovacevich was threatened that if he did not accept TARP money, regulators would declare his bank capital-deficient even though Wells...
The left is a philosophy of greater centralized command with the ultimate being a dictator or tyrant. The right is a philosophy of greater free will with the ultimate being chaos. The US Constitution as it is written is the balance between the two. By definition the right cannot have a dictatorship of any kind.
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago