The agendas of liberals, progressives and assorted tyrants desperately depend on the aspects of human nature they often condemn, such as acquisitiveness, profit motive, self-interestedness and greed. This crossed my mind while reading "How Departures From Economic Freedom Can Affect Freedom In General," by Dr. John Taylor, a Hoover Institution scholar. Taylor tells how former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich was forced to take Troubled Asset Relief Program funds even though Wells Fargo did not need or want the funds. Kovacevich was threatened that if he did not accept TARP money, regulators would declare his bank capital-deficient even though Wells...
The left is a philosophy of greater centralized command with the ultimate being a dictator or tyrant. The right is a philosophy of greater free will with the ultimate being chaos. The US Constitution as it is written is the balance between the two. By definition the right cannot have a dictatorship of any kind.
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 33 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago