The agendas of liberals, progressives and assorted tyrants desperately depend on the aspects of human nature they often condemn, such as acquisitiveness, profit motive, self-interestedness and greed. This crossed my mind while reading "How Departures From Economic Freedom Can Affect Freedom In General," by Dr. John Taylor, a Hoover Institution scholar. Taylor tells how former Wells Fargo CEO Dick Kovacevich was forced to take Troubled Asset Relief Program funds even though Wells Fargo did not need or want the funds. Kovacevich was threatened that if he did not accept TARP money, regulators would declare his bank capital-deficient even though Wells...
The left is a philosophy of greater centralized command with the ultimate being a dictator or tyrant. The right is a philosophy of greater free will with the ultimate being chaos. The US Constitution as it is written is the balance between the two. By definition the right cannot have a dictatorship of any kind.
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 3 hours ago