As Townhall's resident RINO, I generally try to tamp down the RINO-huntin' impulses of some fellow conservatives. Scott Brown is about as good as we're going to get in a place like Massachusetts. Ditto Chris Christie in New Jersey. In other words, I'm all about picking battles carefully and embracing the large tent to forge governing majorities. Republicans need to net four seats to win back the Senate in 2012, so the notion of dislodging a long-serving, "safe" Republican incumbent typically gives me heartburn. But in Indiana, Sen. Dick Lugar's time has passed, and Hoosier state conservatives can do...
In response to:
I agree Term limits are the answer. But how do we get them if they have to vote on it?
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago