As Townhall's resident RINO, I generally try to tamp down the RINO-huntin' impulses of some fellow conservatives. Scott Brown is about as good as we're going to get in a place like Massachusetts. Ditto Chris Christie in New Jersey. In other words, I'm all about picking battles carefully and embracing the large tent to forge governing majorities. Republicans need to net four seats to win back the Senate in 2012, so the notion of dislodging a long-serving, "safe" Republican incumbent typically gives me heartburn. But in Indiana, Sen. Dick Lugar's time has passed, and Hoosier state conservatives can do...
In response to:
I'm independent but haven't voted democrat for 20 years. You need to reconsider your position on independents. Some of us, just want to be flexible.
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 14 minutes ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago