Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
There are many key phrases (sound bites?) that should become the mantra for Mitt Romney. Especially significant is the last one - "If economic disparity is a problem, then the way to solve it is by raising those who are stuck near the bottom, not tearing down those who have climbed to the top." Well done Mr. Jacoby
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago