How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
You'll need to a federal 'sunset clause' to this, whereby all laws, regulations, executive/judicial orders, etc. automatically expire after 5 years unless reenacted.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago