How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
You'll need to a federal 'sunset clause' to this, whereby all laws, regulations, executive/judicial orders, etc. automatically expire after 5 years unless reenacted.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago