Apparently he had none of these. Not much came, reportedly, of the Biden-McConnell negotiations. One is struck anyway by an infinitely larger question -- how did we as a society, as a nation, get to this point: wrapped in suspense while the government of the United States works out, or...
This federal gov't is like a cancer that has infected every system of the body it occupies. The problem is and will continue to be, how do you pursuade professional politicians, and those who aspire to be professional politicians, to downsize the entity they depend on for their well-being? In this age of low-information voters, the infected is asking the disease to cure itself. As a result, we have been subjected to bloodletting, leeches, and magic potions.
What's this? Joe Biden in weekend conversation with Mitch McConnell over how to step back from the fiscal cliff? Isn't Biden the man in charge of solving The Gun Problem? How does he have the time or energy -- not least the ideas -- to launch another rescue mission?
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago