Not wasting any time, Obama has jumped on every liberal issue that he can since he was inaugurated for his second term. He is not “letting a good crisis go to waste”. Last week it was gun control. The media was on it 24/7. This week it’s all about immigration reform and the push is on. We HAVE to get this done…NOW! Let’s take a deep breath and look at what we will need to deal with if Congress jumps...
I see this latest iteration of immigration reform as nothing more than a Republican roll-over in hopes to garner some of the illegal (read as Hispanic) vote. I suspect the loss of Republican support will outstrip the gain of illegal support. Rubio et.al., are deluding themselves if they think putting all these illegals in line for a path to citizenship will result in anything more than a swell in Democrat voter registration. Why not save us the political theatre and tweek the Reagan amnesty bill? The results will be the same.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 11 hours ago