Not wasting any time, Obama has jumped on every liberal issue that he can since he was inaugurated for his second term. He is not “letting a good crisis go to waste”. Last week it was gun control. The media was on it 24/7. This week it’s all about immigration reform and the push is on. We HAVE to get this done…NOW! Let’s take a deep breath and look at what we will need to deal with if Congress jumps...
I see this latest iteration of immigration reform as nothing more than a Republican roll-over in hopes to garner some of the illegal (read as Hispanic) vote. I suspect the loss of Republican support will outstrip the gain of illegal support. Rubio et.al., are deluding themselves if they think putting all these illegals in line for a path to citizenship will result in anything more than a swell in Democrat voter registration. Why not save us the political theatre and tweek the Reagan amnesty bill? The results will be the same.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 10 hours ago