Not wasting any time, Obama has jumped on every liberal issue that he can since he was inaugurated for his second term. He is not “letting a good crisis go to waste”. Last week it was gun control. The media was on it 24/7. This week it’s all about immigration reform and the push is on. We HAVE to get this done…NOW! Let’s take a deep breath and look at what we will need to deal with if Congress jumps...
I see this latest iteration of immigration reform as nothing more than a Republican roll-over in hopes to garner some of the illegal (read as Hispanic) vote. I suspect the loss of Republican support will outstrip the gain of illegal support. Rubio et.al., are deluding themselves if they think putting all these illegals in line for a path to citizenship will result in anything more than a swell in Democrat voter registration. Why not save us the political theatre and tweek the Reagan amnesty bill? The results will be the same.
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago