We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
I believe it was Daniel Boone who presented an argument, on the floor of the House, opposing a measure brought forth to use taxpayer money to rebuild a nearby private residence that was destroyed by fire. Our present Congress critters would do well by themselves to read it. The wont to use public monies unlawfully has been around a lot longer than we think. Using public money to end the life of an unborn child is a demonstration of the same mindset without moral foundation and in total disregard for the Constitution. Our current "leaders" do not consider themselves as representatives but as moral arbiters and egalitarian distributionists in the name of fairness. Most are not qualified or authorized to be either.
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 12 hours ago