We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
I believe it was Daniel Boone who presented an argument, on the floor of the House, opposing a measure brought forth to use taxpayer money to rebuild a nearby private residence that was destroyed by fire. Our present Congress critters would do well by themselves to read it. The wont to use public monies unlawfully has been around a lot longer than we think. Using public money to end the life of an unborn child is a demonstration of the same mindset without moral foundation and in total disregard for the Constitution. Our current "leaders" do not consider themselves as representatives but as moral arbiters and egalitarian distributionists in the name of fairness. Most are not qualified or authorized to be either.
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014