We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
I believe it was Daniel Boone who presented an argument, on the floor of the House, opposing a measure brought forth to use taxpayer money to rebuild a nearby private residence that was destroyed by fire. Our present Congress critters would do well by themselves to read it. The wont to use public monies unlawfully has been around a lot longer than we think. Using public money to end the life of an unborn child is a demonstration of the same mindset without moral foundation and in total disregard for the Constitution. Our current "leaders" do not consider themselves as representatives but as moral arbiters and egalitarian distributionists in the name of fairness. Most are not qualified or authorized to be either.
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago