We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
I believe it was Daniel Boone who presented an argument, on the floor of the House, opposing a measure brought forth to use taxpayer money to rebuild a nearby private residence that was destroyed by fire. Our present Congress critters would do well by themselves to read it. The wont to use public monies unlawfully has been around a lot longer than we think. Using public money to end the life of an unborn child is a demonstration of the same mindset without moral foundation and in total disregard for the Constitution. Our current "leaders" do not consider themselves as representatives but as moral arbiters and egalitarian distributionists in the name of fairness. Most are not qualified or authorized to be either.
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 3 hours ago