We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
I believe it was Daniel Boone who presented an argument, on the floor of the House, opposing a measure brought forth to use taxpayer money to rebuild a nearby private residence that was destroyed by fire. Our present Congress critters would do well by themselves to read it. The wont to use public monies unlawfully has been around a lot longer than we think. Using public money to end the life of an unborn child is a demonstration of the same mindset without moral foundation and in total disregard for the Constitution. Our current "leaders" do not consider themselves as representatives but as moral arbiters and egalitarian distributionists in the name of fairness. Most are not qualified or authorized to be either.
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 42 minutes ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 3 hours ago