The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
What I find truly amazing is how far the $85 billion the gov't isn't getting was going to go. If that $85 billion was funding that much gov't activity, how come they need over $3 trillion? Fuzzy math, indeed.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 4 hours ago