Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 10:05 AM
JayBug: "Homosexual women don't die earlier than heterosexual women....how do you explain that ? " You might not know this but Homosexual women are also more likely to partner for life. This is manifestly obvious -- but women are not equivalent to men. Hetero or homo-sexual.

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 10:02 AM
Tell that to the legislatures who instituted marriage licenses in law.

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:52 AM
Tinsldr: When you die, some folks whom you never knew may claim right to your property. If you are married, and your child was begotten from that marriage the answer is easy. If not--how do you decide. That is the reason we have and had licenses. I do not need a license to speak--you are confounding assembly in a public space vs. assembly in my own home, yard, that of a neighbor. Likewise with the radio, TV etc...

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:45 AM

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:43 AM

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:41 AM
prediliction

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:40 AM
will: Diversity of opinion unless its against your ideology. Got it. The failure in your thinking is that homosexuality, like all sins, is not "against God." Its destructive--like all sins. That destruction is manifest--just look at the CDC and count the number of diseases associated with sinful lifestyles (not just Homosexuality) We all fall short--that is a critical point--and we all have to deal with sins. However, there is a big distinction between, say an sexual deviant person trying to straighten their life and a sexually deviant person who celebrates their bent predilictoins. I will not clap as my brother runs off a cliff--I think it is the height of evil to do so--it is certainly not loving.

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:39 AM

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:31 AM
1) Licenses do not have a thing to do with RiGHTS. You do not get a license to speak, go to Church. 2) Licenses to marry have to do with the next generation--most notably property transfers. The muddled thinking to bend to liberal will is astounding.

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Quix Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 9:26 AM
1) Licenses do not have a thing to do with RiGHTS. You do not get a license to speak, go to Church. 2) Licenses to marry have to do with the next generation--most notably property transfers. Look up the word Banns and where they came from. 3) "Ick" and "religion" is a straw man and you know it.
Let me start here--the proposal is better than what exists now. However, the phrase "pass muster" at the federal level? Why not follow 10th and get the Fed's and their crony friends out of the pockets of tax payers? Let the States to tax their own citizens for these antipoverty programs? I truly don't understand--so if there is anyone who can enlighten me how a pencil pusher in DC is better able to dole / approve my local neighbor's needs and not cost more money than a State run system I'd like to understand that perspective. Thx.