The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago