Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
UnAmerican Loopy: Just how does that gibberish answer my question.
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 12 hours ago