The Department of Homeland Security has released their 2011 "Analysts Desktop Binder," detailing how the department has been monitoring activity on the internet and social networks. The binder includes an extensive list of key words and search terms carefully watched by analysts in multiple agencies including the Directorate for National Protection and Programs, Directorate for Science and Technology, Office of Health Affairs, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and others. Many monitored search terms are basic and used on a regular basis by every day American citizens and journalists. DHS is capable of identifying...
In response to:
I'd say Pissant Moron needs to leave his liberal enclaves both her and in Britain, and do a lot of research on the residents of "flyover country." He might actually learn something.
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago