As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
IOW you can't or won't, because you haven't got one.
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago