The Labor Department sought on Monday to quell worries that Hurricane Sandy, which has closed federal offices as it bears down on the East Coast, could delay the scheduled release of its monthly employment numbers on Friday. “The employees at the Bureau of Labor Statistics are working hard to ensure the timely release of employment data on Friday, Nov. 2,” Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said in a statement. “It is our intention that...
Don't you see it? Obama has manipulated the weather to bring Sandy ashore prior to the elections to artificially infuse capital and construction jobs all along the Eastern seaboard and primarily the swing states using the veil of FEMA grants and staffing to increase government size and spending. I *knew* it. Then he'll blame "global warming" for the storm and redirect even more money to "solar" and "geothermal" power rather than drilling offshore and mountain top removal mining for coal on public lands! He'll probably be offering free healthcare and abortions to everyone displaced by the storm, too! All on our dime! As homes are abandoned,I expect that the ATF is on the move, going house to house to extract all firearms - "to be safe"
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 38 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 4 hours ago